It is a known fact that Star Cinema is the house that produces tearjerker movies with Mills and Boon storyline. It was again evident in their latest offering, Love Me Again (Land Down Under).
While watching the scenery of Bukidnon, it reminds you of the Marlboro commercials minus the snow. You see a lot of horses (very masculine), pineapples (very feminine), and smorgasbord of suggestive objects for the big S. Minus the “ligaw” angle running around the entire movie, it is a subdued porn flick. Watch Piolo’s eyes intently, and what he really wants is to sleep with Angel, who in her own terms, is the classic demure/conservative lass but longs for lust.
They just can’t do it in Bukidnon, so they have to leave and look for a better place. What better way than the sexually suggestive “Land Down Under”? Australian outback. Put some wheat grass all over, dilapidated farm house, and all you have is a perfect place to do it. I don’t remember anything memorable from the movie except the love scene, which increases my suspicion that I am actually watching a soft porn!
Here are the sexually suggestive objects on why it might be a soft porn:
1. Horses – self explanatory. Piolo riding it is like a stud ala Marlboro Man. Angel riding it is like a White Castle commercial.
2. Pineapples – in Tagalog “pinya” which happens to be a title of 90s soft porn Patikim ng Pinya.
3. Land Down Under – another name for Australia, the great outback. When you refer to the human anatomy, land down under has a whole new bastos definition.
4. Peeping Tom – remember the scene where Angel has to pee in the outback but was cut short because she saw two kangaroo? Everybody in the audience becomes helpless voyeurs.
5. Full tank tops – did you notice all of Angel’s clothes while she is in Land Down Under? The cleavage is the center of attraction. Little is left to our imagination. For Piolo’s, his shirts should be sleeveless, to enhance his biceps/triceps.
And the promotional photo (pictured above) can really be mistaken for a soft porn. But the title says it all–“Love Me Again.” Geez, promiscuity.